Resources for Faculty and Staff
If you are a current University of Iowa faculty or staff member interested in incorporating an engaged learning project into your course, please email us to discuss your interests and ideas. Our projects are developed through close cooperation between our staff, community partners, and faculty and staff members. We currently work with courses offered in the fall and spring semesters. At this time, we do not partner with summer session courses.
What We Offer
We strive to offer services that reduce the workload of including an engaged project in courses. We also compensate faculty for the time and effort they commit to the project. The IISC is committed to working flexibly to accommodate many different courses and teaching styles into our initiative, and will work with each faculty and staff member to determine how best to assist with each course. In general, the services offered by the IISC include:
- Facilitating project development between faculty and staff and community partners to ensure that projects meet both community and educational goals.
- Presenting to students about the IISC partnerships and project(s) in the classroom.
- Maintaining communication with faculty, staff, and students throughout the project, including responding in a timely manner to questions or concerns and participating in ongoing conversations about project development throughout the project.
- Coordinating virtual and/or in-person meetings and presentations between students and community partners as needed throughout the project. When virtual meetings are required, the IISC will provide the campus space and technology. When in-person meetings are required, the IISC will arrange all necessary travel.
- Funding project expenses (including supplies, travel, printing, etc.) and reimbursing any expenses that faculty, staff, or students incur in relation to the project.
- Promoting student work, faculty and staff success, and community events related to the projects through publications, social media, and website presence.
Affiliated Faculty and Staff
- 1 of 2
- next ›